Living in coolness in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you feel a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner breakdown. It can happen at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm bound in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be time for an air conditioner replacement.
Usually, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be working properly, but it still says that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the pros to find out what’s wrong. There are many causes for why air conditioners fail, especially considering the weather in Phoenix. Here are some things that you can look for before you call Integrity AC & Heating LLC if you think your air conditioner has broken down:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and discover that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat relocation isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This failure can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most common problems that Integrity AC & Heating LLC sees. These filthy filters in your air conditioner reduce proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season hits. Unclean air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and raise your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an obstruction or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t covered by furniture or other home items, too.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also slowed down from outside obstructions close to your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can influence it’s cooling capabilities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned routinely to reduce the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, here are a list of questions and tests that you should look into and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL position?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box ok or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system operation, call Integrity AC & Heating LLC at 602-971-0567.
Don’t let an air conditioner breakdown or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under annual maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Integrity AC & Heating LLC in Phoenix is always here to assist – give us a call at 602-971-0567.