If you want to stay cozy during the cold months in Phoenix, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep running at its best. If you’ve already booked your once a year tune-up with Integrity AC & Heating LLC, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are many things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its best performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Reduced airflow makes your heat pump over worked and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters often and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to improve the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the space around your outdoor unit if odds and ends have accumulated or plants have taken over the space.
- To check that your system is working properly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our technicians, call Integrity AC & Heating LLC at [[phonenumber]] or set up an appointment online.