According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to reach out to Integrity AC & Heating LLC in Phoenix about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional visits.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the pros at Integrity AC & Heating LLC. Annual checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Examining your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clear.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from areas such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Phoenix home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Integrity AC & Heating LLC at 602-971-0567 or arrange an appointment online.