Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Phoenix during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Integrity AC & Heating LLC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Integrity AC & Heating LLC at 602-971-0567 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.