When it’s a little more frigid in Phoenix you rely on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit in your future. Annual maintenance service from experts can keep your system running properly and find potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for cues that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump cools your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps shift the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled evenly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem persists, contact an expert to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The experts at Integrity AC & Heating LLC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.