Spring is in the air here in Phoenix and that means vacation plans are on the horizon. While you’re figuring out what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what stays behind, your home. The Integrity AC & Heating LLC team has some helpful advice that will work to keep your home safe and help save some money on your utility bills while you enjoy a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an economical way to make your home look as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a smart idea to program your lights to coincide with your regular schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a dependable friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater comfort than a text while you’re out of town letting you know that everything at home is perfect.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to say not to share photos of your awesome sabbatical on social media, but try to wait until after you return to post photos of your trip. Family and friends presumably already know you’re leaving so no sense letting potential criminals know your plans. Everyone will be just as delighted by the amazing things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it more effortless than ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical device is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to cut back on energy while you’re away is to unplug a few of your electronics. Something that you may not have thought of unplugging is your garage door. It will cut back on energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re out of town there’s no reason to keep your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your ideal level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some easy tips to add to your spring break prep list, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about securing your home this season or want to review additional energy saving tips, give Integrity AC & Heating LLC in Phoenix a call at 602-971-0567.