Summer weather in Phoenix can be brutal. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve put together some tips to make it easy.
The best thing you can do to stay cool and sustain energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® says keeping your system working dependably and efficiently, and Integrity AC & Heating LLC can assist. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll do the following tasks suggested by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to make sure there’s safe operation of your system and the chance of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as need be. Dirty coils require your system to operate longer to do its job.
- Check system controls to ensure correct and safe operation.
- Look at refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure proper system airflow.
Another key to staying cool is routinely checking your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter may boost energy costs and damage your equipment, which could lead to untimely failure. Our Integrity AC & Heating LLC professionals will inspect these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations to make your own schedule to swap them out.
Here are some other tips to keep your home cool and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are gone.
- If it is cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the night air cool your place for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Take advantage of fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a little higher than you regularly would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another style of fan people often forget about when they’re trying to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make sure to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to take care of the heat and humidity from your house.
- Avoid leaving lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven put heat into your home, but even normal activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give Integrity AC & Heating LLC at call at 602-971-0567 or request an appointment with us online.